Today, in our history class, we watched a video and answer some questions.
1) War guilt.Explain the arguments FOR and AGAINST this term.
2) Which term followed War Guilt? How much would it be today? What consequences/impact did it have on Germany?
3) Why were the victors planning to prevent a future war with Germany in the Treaty?
4) What territorial losses did Germany have to face? What happened to the German colonies? What did Wilson dislike about this?
5) Which new nations were created after WW1?
1) Germany was responsable…
For war because: It didn’t take long for Germany to declare war on Russia and then on France. Then she invaded Belgium in just a matter of days.
Against war because: There was the assassination of Franz Ferdinand. The terms that Austria-Hungary put on Serbia. The Russians decide to enter war, which gave Germany a pretext to enter war.
2) The term that followed war guilt was reperations. They had to pay 400 billion 2013 dollars. It humiliated Germany, future generations that had nothing to do with war, had to pay. But they ended up paying $60 billion 2013 dollars. It also aaffected it’s economy.
3) The allies didn’t want future war with Germany because if she had won her points for to declare war would be harder.
4) From Germany territory was taken, as from colonies to land in the proper country. Poland wss carved out of Germany and Alsace Lorraine was given back to France. As for the colonies, they were distribute between de European Empires. President Wilson didn’t like it because in his 14 points for peace, he said that there should be democracy in Europe and countries should have self determination.
5) The new nations were: Poland, Yugoslavia, Austria, Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Bosnia, Croatia and Slovenia.
In groups we wrote a conversation between Clemenceau, Wilson and Lloyd George about what we think their country’s should get as compensation from the war, their views on the 14 Points and the type of punishment Germany should receive. I did it with Lucas Campión.
Process of the dialogue:
The Voicethread with the dialogue:
(To listen the hole dialogue you have to press the arrow)
The personal comment about this project to learn on the Big Three and their aims and objectives:
We feel we had learnt more than if we had studied this from the book, because this way for studying is more funny. And we remember funny things, so we are going to remeber and learn more about the Big Three by using this technique.
What we personally enjoyed from this project was the part in which we had to record our voices. Because it was very funny to hear our voices in Voicethread.
If the class from Senior 1 next year are going to do this proyect again, we wouldn’t change nothing. Because nothing had to be change. We only recomnd you to speak well before you record it.